This Winter, Feel Radiant!!
María González Santos, author of the blog YogayTé and certified in Bach Flower Therapy and holistic nutrition, recommends us this month how to deal with the coldest and darkest months of the year, and remain radiant!
THIS WINTER, FEEL RADIANT!
A few months ago I shared a post where I talked about how to maintain a healthy energy in Autumn. Now that we are submerged in Winter, I would like to dig a little in this cold and dark season.
Winter has its magical part, it is a time of rest, time for deep meditation, and to store our energy. We also become more receptive and introspective. Both cold and darkness somehow pushes us inward, which invites us to know ourselves more deeply.
Be careful with the less positive part of this season, as we run the risk of abandoning passively ourselves and suffer its consequences, gaining weight, listlessness, apathy, fears …
The prevailing emotion in Winter is fear, kidneys and bladder are the organs most affected. According to Chinese physiology, every organ in our body is related to an element, and in this case the element is water.
As in other seasons, in winter we need a specific type of food and good habits, so that our energy does not falter and we feel full of vitality.
– Take salty and sour foods (not abuse), as they promote relaxation and concentration. These food cools the outside of our body, and take the heat inward.
– Opt for soups, whole grains, miso, soy sauce, seaweed, nuts, seeds …
– Choose vegetables like endive, turnips, celery, asparagus.
– Buy your fruits and vegetables in local markets as seasonal foods.
– Look for the bitter part of some fruits and vegetables, such as lemon peel, outer leaves of cabbage …
– Add grains such as rye, oats, quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat. Include them in your breakfast, as porridge.
– Avoid cold foods, especially at night.
– Use spices to bring heat and flavor to your dishes, such as ginger, cardamom, pepper, cloves and garlic.
– Teas: Rooibois tea, Chai tea, white tea, mint tea yogi tea …
– Cultivate your interior. Take advantage of the cooler hours of the day to listen, relax, meditate …
– Do not abandon your yoga practice! Physical activity makes you stronger at all levels.
– Enjoy the sunshine, go for a walk, fill up your energy.
– Face your fears. In Winter emotions are more pronounced. Do not let the fear subtract your energy.
– Make it a nutritious season, at all levels, choosing your food, your drinks, your books, your movies, your friends, your time …
All stations have special and unique features, take advantage!